GLASGOW – Earlier this month, when the Glasgow Common Council's parks and recreation committee met, it approved a new rental fee schedule that had been proposed by Eddie Furlong, Glasgow Parks and Recreation director, and provided for their review the prior month.
Furlong had researched the prices from several other departments around the commonwealth before coming up with his proposed pricing. Notice of 24 hours is required for all reservations, which are taken 7:30 a.m. through 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Updates were made to the reservation policy and rules and regulations and other related policies as well.
The 2018-19 rental fees are:
• Either Liberty Street basketball court is $25/hour or $150 per day for a tournament or special event.
• Volleyball court pricing is same as basketball court.
• Softball/baseball fields: Daily tournament rental is $50 per field per day at Gorin or Weldon Park and $200 per day for the softball complex (four fields) at Beaver Creek Park. Practice time for any field is free Monday through Friday before 5 p.m. and $10 per hour after 5 p.m. on weekdays and from 8 a.m. through 6 p.m. on weekends. All fees are nonrefundable but credit will be given toward a future time if canceled.
• Batting cage rental is $10 per hour per cage.
• Lera B. Mitchell Clubhouse (senior center) – $150 for first five hours, $200 for anything over five hours. Senior center has $50 refundable security/cleaning deposit as well.
• Run/walk trail is $50 per day for special event rental only, with closed trail. Event coordinators must handle all portable restrooms and other special infrastructure needs required.
• Disc golf course $50 per day for special event rental only. Same requirements as run/walk trail.
• Shelter $20/day for Barren County residents, $30/day for nonresidents.
• Participant usage fee, $10 per participant in each league using city facilities.
• Special event fee is $50 per day for all events outside the other pay structures, e.g. concerts.