A bridge spanning across South Fork Creek between Bowen Avenue and Landrum Street, connecting Twyman and Gorin parks, was put into place on Tuesday. The bridge is part of the first phase of the Glasgow Alternative Transportation Endeavor, which will also consist of sidewalks, a multi-use pat…
Eric Sexton, executive director of the Barren River Area Development District, has been playing hymns on the piano and posting them via social media since March 22. He has developed quite a following and now even takes requests. Sexton is playing his favorite hymn: "Remember Me in Your Prayers."
South Green and Highland Elementary schools did "wave parades" through their students' neighborhoods on Friday. Glasgow schools have been closed for two weeks due to a state mandate to try to stop the spread of COVID-19. The schools have been using non-traditional instruction days to teach t…
South Green Elementary's staff rehearses for a video they did on Monday morning that will replace the school's morning meetings while schools are closed. Schools in the Glasgow Independent School District have closed to help further stop the spread of the coronavirus.
Employees with the Barren County School System prepare lunch for delivery to students on Monday morning. The school system joined others across the state in closing school to further help stop the spread of the coronavirus.
This Week's Circulars
GLASGOW [ndash] James Alvis Melton, 79, of Glasgow, died Wednesday, May 27, 2020 at his son's residence in Chipley, Florida. The Barren County native was the son of the late Charlie and Vinnie Blakley Melton. He was a retired farmer and plumber, having worked for Furlong Farms, and was a mem…
Upcoming funeral services listed alphabetically from death notices published in the Glasgow Daily Times.
- BESHEAR: Warren County one of fastest-growing outbreaks in nation
- UPDATE: Barren County has first reported COVID-19 death
- Meth hidden in soap seized by Customs officials
- More cuts made in Metcalfe Co. budget, magistrate mentions tax increases
- State auditors find problems in Metcalfe Co.'s 2017-18 audit
- Baby drowns in Allen County
- Glasgow teen arrested for discharging firearm inside residence
- Restaurants allowed to open Friday at 33% capacity
- Rolling roadblocks along I-65 planned, construction of Tompkinsville Bypass continues
- One Step Closer: Lynch lands job with NASA