- Top Stories
Hospitals using consumer purchase data for information on patient health
Information compiled by data brokers from public records and credit card transactions can reveal where a person shops, the food they buy, and whether they smoke. The largest hospital chain in the Carolinas is plugging data for 2 million people into algorithms designed to identify high-risk patients, while Pennsylvania's biggest system uses household and demographic data.
- High court rebukes Obama on recess appointments
- POLITICS: GOP Rep. McCarthy elected House majority leader
- Rogers and Mikulski – Congressional odd couple
- Mississippi files law suit against credit company Experian
- Hall of Famer Tony Gwynn dies of cancer at 54
$15 minimum wage puts Seattle in uncharted waters
Depending on which pundit is nattering away, this means Seattle is either going to fall off the map and become a "Mad Max"-style economic wasteland or transform into an egalitarian utopia that inspires sweeping pro-labor activism nationwide.
- Aaron Hernandez charged in 2 more shooting deaths
- New designations for Kentucky cities
- Donald Sterling banned for life by the NBA
- More Top Stories Headlines
- Hospitals using consumer purchase data for information on patient health