Three 3-pointers to close the first quarter put the Caverna Colonels in the chase position Tuesday night.
Caverna coach Blake Button said his team started slowly against the Bethlehem Eagles and that led to them being knocked from the Boys’ Fifth Region Tournament at Hart County High School with a 53-47 loss.
“We didn’t come out with the intensity needed for a regional tournament game,” Button said. “I think we matched up well with them.”
The coach explained the Eagles hit 3s on trips late in the first quarter, including one at the buzzer, to put Bethlehem ahead 18-10 at the end of one.
The Colonels trailed 28-21 at halftime and were outscored 12-9 in the third quarter to trail 40-30 after three.
For the rest of the story, see Wednesday's print or e-editions.
- BCHS grapplers open varsity action Saturday at OHS
- Perkins scores 14 in Union College loss
- Barren Lake levels good, almost ideal for hunters
- BCHS to host cheer clinic
- BCHS bowlers on roll, blank Caverna
- Hornets lose opener at Warren East
- Glasgow's Garmon earns coaching honor
- Trojans blow open close game late
- Glasgow girls cage Briar Jumpers
- Trojanettes lose opener to Green County
- More Sports Headlines