Three 3-pointers to close the first quarter put the Caverna Colonels in the chase position Tuesday night.
Caverna coach Blake Button said his team started slowly against the Bethlehem Eagles and that led to them being knocked from the Boys’ Fifth Region Tournament at Hart County High School with a 53-47 loss.
“We didn’t come out with the intensity needed for a regional tournament game,” Button said. “I think we matched up well with them.”
The coach explained the Eagles hit 3s on trips late in the first quarter, including one at the buzzer, to put Bethlehem ahead 18-10 at the end of one.
The Colonels trailed 28-21 at halftime and were outscored 12-9 in the third quarter to trail 40-30 after three.
For the rest of the story, see Wednesday's print or e-editions.
- BARREN COUNTY FOOTBALL: Adversity motivates Eaton
- BARREN COUNTY SOFTBALL: Lady Raiders slide by Trojanettes, 9-4
- Scotties celebrate winning season
- SPORTS ROUNDUP: Barren County, Glasgow tennis reports
- OUTDOOR REPORT: Barren Lake fish still biting
- GLASGOW BASEBALL: Glasgow beats ACS 8-0
- BARREN COUNTY SOFTBALL: Trojanettes trounce Lady Falcons
- PREP TENNIS: Scotties split matches
- PREP TENNIS: Lady Scotties roll over Russellville
- Glasgow to play Hancock in All 'A'
- More Sports Headlines