Three 3-pointers to close the first quarter put the Caverna Colonels in the chase position Tuesday night.
Caverna coach Blake Button said his team started slowly against the Bethlehem Eagles and that led to them being knocked from the Boys’ Fifth Region Tournament at Hart County High School with a 53-47 loss.
“We didn’t come out with the intensity needed for a regional tournament game,” Button said. “I think we matched up well with them.”
The coach explained the Eagles hit 3s on trips late in the first quarter, including one at the buzzer, to put Bethlehem ahead 18-10 at the end of one.
The Colonels trailed 28-21 at halftime and were outscored 12-9 in the third quarter to trail 40-30 after three.
For the rest of the story, see Wednesday's print or e-editions.
- Bass fishing continues to be strong on Barren Lake
- Glasgow, Barren County set to begin Cup Challenge
- Glasgow 10U All-Stars run out of steam, eliminated from state tourney
- Tough field highlights annual Weldon Open Tennis Tournament
- Glasgow 10U All-Stars open state tourney Saturday
- Barren County loses 9U state opener
- Morning outing produces big catch
- Brad Johnson takes over as Barren County High School coach
- U17 Mustangs ousted from tourney; 9U state schedule set
- SEC football: Media days kick off in Hoover, Ala.
- More Sports Headlines