Three 3-pointers to close the first quarter put the Caverna Colonels in the chase position Tuesday night.
Caverna coach Blake Button said his team started slowly against the Bethlehem Eagles and that led to them being knocked from the Boys’ Fifth Region Tournament at Hart County High School with a 53-47 loss.
“We didn’t come out with the intensity needed for a regional tournament game,” Button said. “I think we matched up well with them.”
The coach explained the Eagles hit 3s on trips late in the first quarter, including one at the buzzer, to put Bethlehem ahead 18-10 at the end of one.
The Colonels trailed 28-21 at halftime and were outscored 12-9 in the third quarter to trail 40-30 after three.
For the rest of the story, see Wednesday's print or e-editions.
- Region 4 hoop teams back among state's best
- Glasgow girls knock off Russell County
- Caverna girls lose regional opener
- Big Bass contest registration nearing end
- Storm forces tournament schedules to be reworked
- WEEKEND UPDATE: Lady Scotties, Trojans, Falcons learn Region 4 draws
- Trojans win third straight district title
- Glasgow girls win 15th district title
- Registration required for hunter education courses
- Barren County advances with victory
- More Sports Headlines