The Glasgow Scotties, for the second year in a row, captured the Region 4 All “A” Golf Tournament Tuesday afternoon in Tompkinsville.
The Scotties will now participate in the Touchstone Energy All “A” State Tournament in Somerset on Saturday, Sept. 8.
Glasgow had a team total of 157, far outdistancing Metcalfe County at 175 and Monroe County at 176.
The Scotties were led by medalist Steely Harris with a 34. Chase Landrum shot 40 and Dalton Fant carded a 41. Michael Harris followed up with a 42 and Cody Jones shot 56.
Also advancing were Metcalfe County’s Dylan Harris and Monroe County’s Troy Tooley.
GHS, Metcalfe and Monroe golfers advance to state
- Bewley White following in mother's footsteps
Hall of Fame adds businesslike Braves, Frank Thomas, managers La Russa and Torre
Atlanta Braves pitchers Greg Maddux and Tom Glavine, and their manager, Bobby Cox, dominated much of baseball during the 1990s. This weekend they went into the Hall of Fame together.
- Trojans widen lead on Scotties in Cup Challenge
- Rossi tops Quigley to win Weldon title
- PHOTOS: Championship Sunday at the Weldon Tennis Tournament Lexington's Anthony Rossi won the singles championship Sunday at the W.A. Weldon Tennis Tournament, defeating former University of Kentucky roommate Eric Quigley 6-1, 7-6 at Gorin Park. Also Sunday, Quigley and Louisville's Brandon Lancaster knocked off Rossi and Covington's Austin Hussey 7-6, 6-2 to win the Jim Moody Doubles Classic.
- Former UK hoop star Macy read for challenge of Weldon Open
- Trojans draw first blood in Challenge Cup
- Bass fishing continues to be strong on Barren Lake
- Glasgow, Barren County set to begin Cup Challenge
- Glasgow 10U All-Stars run out of steam, eliminated from state tourney
- More Sports Headlines