Park City Volunteer Fire Department open house
Tours of the newly renovated Park City fire station were given Saturday during an open house. The renovation project included the installation of new carpet, new windows and new cabinetry, as well as the removal of one wall to expand the kitchen area. Money for the renovation came from three sources: county contribution, savings and fire dues. Those who turned out for the event were also invited to a ribbon cutting commemorating the completion of two tornado shelters located behind the fire station. The tornado shelters are two of 11 such shelters that have built countywide with money from a federal grant and local contributions.
- Slide Shows
- 11:18 MORNING UPDATE: Scenes from United Way of Southern Kentucky's Day of Caring at Boys and Girls Club of Glasgow-Barren County Volunteers with Christian Family Radio, BB&T, The Peoples Bank and U.S. Bank volunteered to play games with children Wednesday at the Boys and Girls Club of Glasgow-Barren County during the United Way of Southern Kentucky's sixth annual Day of Caring.
- Scenes from the Barren County Fair Horse Show Shown here are some scenes from the Barren County Fair Horse Show.
- SLIDE SHOW: Morning at Alltech Barren County Ag Festival A slide show from the morning events at the Alltech Barren County Ag Festival.
- SLIDE SHOW: Glasgow Highland Games 2 These scenes from the 29th Glasgow Highland Games were taken by Daily Times reporter Bobbie Hayse.
- 11:24 MORNING UPDATE: Feeding America Mobile Food Pantry makes stop in Glasgow
- GHG events conclude The 29th annual Glasgow Highland Games, which took place at Barren River Lake State Resort and Park, concluded on Sunday.
- SLIDE SHOW: Metcalfe County graduation Metcalfe County High School had its graduation Thursday night.
- SLIDE SHOW: Caverna graduation Caverna had its graduation Thursday night.
- SLIDE SHOW: Glasgow Highland Games 1 A slide show from the annual Glasgow Highland Games.
- Glasgow vs. Cumberland County softball Glasgow and Cumberland County played in the first round of the Region 4 Softball Tournament at WKU on Monday.