Park City Volunteer Fire Department open house
Tours of the newly renovated Park City fire station were given Saturday during an open house. The renovation project included the installation of new carpet, new windows and new cabinetry, as well as the removal of one wall to expand the kitchen area. Money for the renovation came from three sources: county contribution, savings and fire dues. Those who turned out for the event were also invited to a ribbon cutting commemorating the completion of two tornado shelters located behind the fire station. The tornado shelters are two of 11 such shelters that have built countywide with money from a federal grant and local contributions.
- Slide Shows
- Light Up Glasgow 2013 Light Up Glasgow took place Friday evening on the square. During the event, the tree inside the gazebo was lit up, groups sang and a Santa Claus was present.
- 6:39 EVENING UPDATE: Scenes from Veterans Day program and parade
- Veterans Day Program at Veterans Memorial Park in Freedom The Veterans Day Program at Veterans Memorial Park in Freedom started at 10 a.m. on Saturday. Veterans, the DAV Color Guard and the Barren County High School JROTC participated. Sarah Rose/Glasgow Daily Times
- Glasgow Fire Department Promotion and Graduation Ceremony Ten firefighters were promoted and two individuals graduated as a new firefighter during the Glasgow Fire Department Promotion and Graduation Ceremony on Friday.
- Glasgow High School's 600th football program win Glasgow High School football began in 1919. On Friday, Nov. 8, 2013, the program gained its 600th win by beating Washington County 43-0 in the first round of the Kentucky High School Athletics Association's Class 2A playoffs.
- 2013 Kentucky Zombie Mud Run The first ever Kentucky Zombie Mud run was held at Skeleton's Lair in Settle on Sunday. Participants ran or walked 3.1 miles through the muddy obstacle course. "Zombies" tried to take off flags the participants were wearing. Sarah Rose/Glasgow Daily Times
- Regional Cross Country Glasgow, Barren County, Metcalfe County and Monroe County runners competed in their respective regional cross country meets Saturday in Bowling Green
- 3:02 AFTERNOON UPDATE: View slide show from Flint & Stones event Flint & Stones was an event that took place Saturday at Old Mulkey Meetinghouse State Park in Tompkinsville featuring items that were either rock or made of rock. This marks the third year for the event.
- Images of autumn Many trees are exhibiting a variety of fall colors. Gina Kinslow/Glasgow Daily Times
- Halloween on Green Street Images from trick or Treating on Green Street. The event was rescheduled to Friday because of inclement weather. Sarah Rose/Glasgow Daily Times