Glasgow Fire Department hosted a relatively rare training opportunity for area firefighters Saturday at the building that had housed Bolton's Landing and other restaurants. Cave City, East Barren, Park City, East Allen and Alvaton volunteer departments also each had at least one participant, and several personnel from State Fire Rescue Training were involved. A few smaller fires were set for the fire personnel to knock out first; then the flames were allowed to totally engulf the building, and groups practiced using larger hoses. The new owners of the property, Bill and Janie Logsdon, plan to build a new location for Barren Outdoors on the site and were going to demolish the structure anyway, so Bill Logsdon suggested using it for fire demonstration purposes. --Melinda J. Overstreet
- Slide Shows
- Glasgow baseball All 'A' slide show These photos are from the Glasgow Scotties' final and semifinal games of the Fourth Region All "A" Classic baseball tournament at Clinton County High School on Saturday.
- Cinderella's Closet Cinderella's Closet was held on Saturday at Glasgow's First United Methodist Church. The event helped 25 junior and senior girls who weren't able to buy prom items. Cinderella’s Closet provided items such as gently used dresses, shoes and jewelry.
- Barren County vs. Metcalfe County baseball Barren County defeated Metcalfe County 8-0 in baseball Tuesday.
- Glasgow vs. Metcalfe County softball Glasgow beat Metcalfe County on Tuesday in softball action at American Legion Park in Glasgow.
- Glasgow Lady Scotties Region 4 championship Photos are from the Glasgow Lady Scotties' run to the Girls Fourth Region Tournament title over three days at Allen County-Scottsville High School. All photos are by Jeff Brown/For the Glasgow Daily Times
- Our Favorite Cute Children A slide show of reader-submitted photos with children.
- Reader-submitted photos A photo gallery of reader-submitted photos. These photos can found in the classified header of each publication of the Glasgow Daily Times.
- 'Wheeeeeee!' Two boys play in the snow Saturday morning.
- Scenes from the Glasgow Christmas Parade
- 2:05 AFTERNOON UPDATE: Scenes from Tompkinsville Christmas Parade Here are some scenes from Tompkinsville's Christmas Parade that took place Saturday.