Glasgow Fire Department hosted a relatively rare training opportunity for area firefighters Saturday at the building that had housed Bolton's Landing and other restaurants. Cave City, East Barren, Park City, East Allen and Alvaton volunteer departments also each had at least one participant, and several personnel from State Fire Rescue Training were involved. A few smaller fires were set for the fire personnel to knock out first; then the flames were allowed to totally engulf the building, and groups practiced using larger hoses. The new owners of the property, Bill and Janie Logsdon, plan to build a new location for Barren Outdoors on the site and were going to demolish the structure anyway, so Bill Logsdon suggested using it for fire demonstration purposes. --Melinda J. Overstreet
- Slide Shows
- Park City Christmas parade The Park City Christmas parade took place Saturday morning. Some floats and participants decided not to be in the parade because of the cold weather. Sarah Rose/Glasgow Daily Times
- Nativity scenes from across the globe During the Park City Christmas parade on Saturday, the Park City United Methodist Church displayed their collection of nativity scenes. Jane Skrovan, member of the church, said the church had 65 different scenes from at least six different countries. Sarah Rose/Glasgow Daily Times
- 8:30 MORNING UPDATE: Small amount of ice received Icicles found Saturday morning following rain and cold temperatures on Friday.
- Light Up Glasgow 2013 Light Up Glasgow took place Friday evening on the square. During the event, the tree inside the gazebo was lit up, groups sang and a Santa Claus was present.
- 6:39 EVENING UPDATE: Scenes from Veterans Day program and parade
- Veterans Day Program at Veterans Memorial Park in Freedom The Veterans Day Program at Veterans Memorial Park in Freedom started at 10 a.m. on Saturday. Veterans, the DAV Color Guard and the Barren County High School JROTC participated. Sarah Rose/Glasgow Daily Times
- Glasgow Fire Department Promotion and Graduation Ceremony Ten firefighters were promoted and two individuals graduated as a new firefighter during the Glasgow Fire Department Promotion and Graduation Ceremony on Friday.
- Glasgow High School's 600th football program win Glasgow High School football began in 1919. On Friday, Nov. 8, 2013, the program gained its 600th win by beating Washington County 43-0 in the first round of the Kentucky High School Athletics Association's Class 2A playoffs.
- 2013 Kentucky Zombie Mud Run The first ever Kentucky Zombie Mud run was held at Skeleton's Lair in Settle on Sunday. Participants ran or walked 3.1 miles through the muddy obstacle course. "Zombies" tried to take off flags the participants were wearing. Sarah Rose/Glasgow Daily Times
- Regional Cross Country Glasgow, Barren County, Metcalfe County and Monroe County runners competed in their respective regional cross country meets Saturday in Bowling Green