Glasgow Fire Department hosted a relatively rare training opportunity for area firefighters Saturday at the building that had housed Bolton's Landing and other restaurants. Cave City, East Barren, Park City, East Allen and Alvaton volunteer departments also each had at least one participant, and several personnel from State Fire Rescue Training were involved. A few smaller fires were set for the fire personnel to knock out first; then the flames were allowed to totally engulf the building, and groups practiced using larger hoses. The new owners of the property, Bill and Janie Logsdon, plan to build a new location for Barren Outdoors on the site and were going to demolish the structure anyway, so Bill Logsdon suggested using it for fire demonstration purposes. --Melinda J. Overstreet
- Slide Shows
- Our Favorite Cute Children A slide show of reader-submitted photos with children.
- Reader-submitted photos A photo gallery of reader-submitted photos. These photos can found in the classified header of each publication of the Glasgow Daily Times.
- 'Wheeeeeee!' Two boys play in the snow Saturday morning.
- Scenes from the Glasgow Christmas Parade
- 2:05 AFTERNOON UPDATE: Scenes from Tompkinsville Christmas Parade Here are some scenes from Tompkinsville's Christmas Parade that took place Saturday.
- Park City Christmas parade The Park City Christmas parade took place Saturday morning. Some floats and participants decided not to be in the parade because of the cold weather. Sarah Rose/Glasgow Daily Times
- Nativity scenes from across the globe During the Park City Christmas parade on Saturday, the Park City United Methodist Church displayed their collection of nativity scenes. Jane Skrovan, member of the church, said the church had 65 different scenes from at least six different countries. Sarah Rose/Glasgow Daily Times
- Photos of ice in Southern Kentucky Icicles found Saturday morning following rain and cold temperatures on Friday.
- Light Up Glasgow 2013 Light Up Glasgow took place Friday evening on the square. During the event, the tree inside the gazebo was lit up, groups sang and a Santa Claus was present.
- 6:39 EVENING UPDATE: Scenes from Veterans Day program and parade