A smaller town like Glasgow usually waits until a celebrity’s star dims before they come to a town our size. That fact makes the recent YMCA event with the founding family of “Duck Dynasty” extra special. Thanks to all that worked hard and reached high to make the event a great success and lots of fun. Our kids were beside themselves with excitement. And, maybe, Dad was a little bit too.
As for what Phil Robertson shared at the event, I’ll admit I was a little surprised. I expected more about the show and his hunting adventures. Hearing his clear presentation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and our need for Jesus was not what I was expecting. For a guy with personal fame, money and success to give his 45-minute speech to Jesus gives us all something to think about when we consider what we treasure most.
- OUR VIEW: Travis left lasting mark on Glasgow community
- Emergency responders have enviable skills, unenviable duties
- YOUR VIEW: Help appreciated during encounter with wild cat
- OUR VIEW: Preventing violence is a societal effort
- If possible, let’s avoid overlapping graduations
- Service most effective when many participate
- Some quotable lawmakers
- Taxpayers deserve better from GM
- Money not only measure of college sports’ value
- Public forums must have participation
- More Opinion Headlines