A smaller town like Glasgow usually waits until a celebrity’s star dims before they come to a town our size. That fact makes the recent YMCA event with the founding family of “Duck Dynasty” extra special. Thanks to all that worked hard and reached high to make the event a great success and lots of fun. Our kids were beside themselves with excitement. And, maybe, Dad was a little bit too.
As for what Phil Robertson shared at the event, I’ll admit I was a little surprised. I expected more about the show and his hunting adventures. Hearing his clear presentation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and our need for Jesus was not what I was expecting. For a guy with personal fame, money and success to give his 45-minute speech to Jesus gives us all something to think about when we consider what we treasure most.
- EMS tax needed in Barren County
- An education in winter driving
- 50 years makes a lot of difference
- Frankfort march a refreshing display
- Districts should get relief for missed days
- Interaction is key in best interviews
- Barren offers plenty to do, for cheap
- Kentucky Senate race worth following
- EMS staffing should get serious look
- Plea deal pays to fraud crime victims
- More Opinion Headlines