Glasgow Daily Times, Glasgow, KY

November 29, 2012

11:37 MORNING UPDATE: Details of Eastview Drive fire released

Staff report
Glasgow Daily Times



Glasgow firefighters responded at 9:35 p.m. Wednesday to 213 Eastview Drive to a report of smoke coming out of the eaves of the house.

Firefighters found an electrical wire that had be run in the attic over the joist had overheated and set a few of the joists on fire and the surrounding insulation, according to a Glasgow Fire Department press release.

Firefighters extinguished the small fire and removed the smoke from the attic. No injuries were reported and no damage estimate was given. Units were on the scene for about 1 hour and 50 minutes. 

Firefighters were called back to the scene at 3:47 a.m. Thursday to extinguish a second fire. For the whole story read the Glasgow Daily Times print or e-editions.