Glasgow Daily Times, Glasgow, KY

Local News

November 29, 2012

11:37 MORNING UPDATE: Details of Eastview Drive fire released

GLASGOW —  

 

Glasgow firefighters responded at 9:35 p.m. Wednesday to 213 Eastview Drive to a report of smoke coming out of the eaves of the house.

Firefighters found an electrical wire that had be run in the attic over the joist had overheated and set a few of the joists on fire and the surrounding insulation, according to a Glasgow Fire Department press release.

Firefighters extinguished the small fire and removed the smoke from the attic. No injuries were reported and no damage estimate was given. Units were on the scene for about 1 hour and 50 minutes. 

Firefighters were called back to the scene at 3:47 a.m. Thursday to extinguish a second fire. For the whole story read the Glasgow Daily Times print or e-editions. 

 

1
Text Only
Local News
AP Video
Ariz. Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution Began Crash Kills Teen Pilot Seeking World Record LeBron James Sends Apology Treat to Neighbors Raw: Funeral for Man Who Died in NYPD Custody Migrants Back in Honduras After US Deports Israeli American Reservist Torn Over Return Raw: ISS Cargo Ship Launches in Kazakhstan Six Indicted in StubHub Hacking Scheme Former NTSB Official: FAA Ban 'prudent' EPA Gets Hip With Kardashian Tweet Bodies of MH17 Victims Arrive in the Netherlands Biden Decries Voting Restrictions in NAACP Talk Broncos Owner Steps Down Due to Alzheimer's US, UN Push Shuttle Diplomacy in Mideast Trump: DC Hotel Will Be Among World's Best Plane Crashes in Taiwan, Dozens Feared Dead Republicans Hold a Hearing on IRS Lost Emails Raw: Mourners Gather As MH17 Bodies Transported Robot Parking Valet Creates Stress-free Travel Raw: Fight Breaks Out in Ukraine Parliament
Facebook
Hyperlocal Search
Premier Guide
Find a business

Walking Fingers
Maps, Menus, Store hours, Coupons, and more...
Premier Guide
Seasonal Content
Video