Glasgow Daily Times, Glasgow, KY

August 24, 2013

Fire damages van, home

Glasgow Daily Times

GLASGOW — At noon Friday, firefighters responded to a vehicle fire at 617 E. Main St.

No one was in the van during the fire. The blue Nissan Quest was burned significantly. The fire also caused smoke damage to a home at the address. There were no damage estimates available at press time.

Barry Dunbar, captain of the Glasgow Fire Department, said the fire was “probably caused by an electrical short.”

Dunbar said when they arrived, there was smoke and flames coming from the vehicle. He said the GFD was able to extinguish the fire within a “couple of minutes after arriving.”

Read more of this story in the print or digital Glasgow Daily Times.