Glasgow Daily Times, Glasgow, KY

Local News

August 24, 2013

Fire damages van, home

GLASGOW — At noon Friday, firefighters responded to a vehicle fire at 617 E. Main St.

No one was in the van during the fire. The blue Nissan Quest was burned significantly. The fire also caused smoke damage to a home at the address. There were no damage estimates available at press time.

Barry Dunbar, captain of the Glasgow Fire Department, said the fire was “probably caused by an electrical short.”

Dunbar said when they arrived, there was smoke and flames coming from the vehicle. He said the GFD was able to extinguish the fire within a “couple of minutes after arriving.”

Read more of this story in the print or digital Glasgow Daily Times. http://glasgowdailytimes.cnhi.newsmemory.com/

1
Text Only
Local News
AP Video
Captain of Sunken SKorean Ferry Arrested Raw: Fire Destroys 3 N.J. Beachfront Homes Raw: Pope Presides Over Good Friday Mass Raw: Space X Launches to Space Station Superheroes Descend on Capitol Mall Man Charged in Kansas City Highway Shootings Obama Awards Navy Football Trophy Anti-semitic Leaflets Posted in Eastern Ukraine Raw: Magnitude-7.2 Earthquake Shakes Mexico City Ceremony at MIT Remembers One of Boston's Finest Raw: Students Hurt in Colo. School Bus Crash Raw: Church Tries for Record With Chalk Jesus Raw: Faithful Celebrate Good Friday Worldwide Deadly Avalanche Sweeps Slopes of Mount Everest Police Arrest Suspect in Highway Shootings Drought Concerns May Hurt Lake Tourism Vermont Goat Meat Gives Refugees Taste of Home Calif. Investigators Re-construct Fatal Bus Cras Mayor Rob Ford Launches Re-election Campaign Appellate Court Hears Okla. Gay Marriage Case
Facebook
Hyperlocal Search
Premier Guide
Find a business

Walking Fingers
Maps, Menus, Store hours, Coupons, and more...
Premier Guide
Seasonal Content
Video