Glasgow Daily Times, Glasgow, KY

March 25, 2013

10:15 MORNING UPDATE: Fire departments respond to calls

Staff report
Glasgow Daily Times

GLASGOW — The Glasgow Fire Department  responded to a report of a structure fire at 127 Stewart Drive at 4:35 p.m. Sunday, according to a 911 report and a GFD press release. On arrival, firefighters found that the fire had been in the kitchen and had been put out by the resident, according to the press release. A pot of oil on the stove had overheated and caught on fire. Firefighters removed an over-the-stove microwave to check for fire extension and none was found. No injuries were reported. Firefighters were on the scene approximate 30 minutes, all according to the press release.

Cave City Fire Department responded with Hart County Fire Department on a mutual aid call to Harper Valley on Monday morning, according to a 911 report. Further details were not available yet.