Glasgow Daily Times, Glasgow, KY

Local News

March 25, 2013

10:15 MORNING UPDATE: Fire departments respond to calls

GLASGOW — The Glasgow Fire Department  responded to a report of a structure fire at 127 Stewart Drive at 4:35 p.m. Sunday, according to a 911 report and a GFD press release. On arrival, firefighters found that the fire had been in the kitchen and had been put out by the resident, according to the press release. A pot of oil on the stove had overheated and caught on fire. Firefighters removed an over-the-stove microwave to check for fire extension and none was found. No injuries were reported. Firefighters were on the scene approximate 30 minutes, all according to the press release.

Cave City Fire Department responded with Hart County Fire Department on a mutual aid call to Harper Valley on Monday morning, according to a 911 report. Further details were not available yet.

1
Text Only
Local News
AP Video
Raw: Japanese Soldiers Storm Beach in Exercises Raw: Weapons Fire Hits UN School in Gaza Raw: Rocket Launches Into Space With Cargo Ship Broken Water Main Floods UCLA Two Women Narrowly Avoid Being Hit by Train In Virginia, the Rise of a New Space Coast New Sanctions on Key Sectors of Russian Economy Crayola Announces Family Attraction in Orlando US Ready to Slap New Sanctions on Russia Kerry: Not Worried About Israeli Criticism Boater Rescued From Edge of Kentucky Dam Girl Struck by Plane on Florida Beach Dies Rodents Rampant in Gardens Around Louvre House to Vote on Slimmed-down Bill for Border Looming Demand Could Undercut Flight Safety Raw: 2 Shells Hit Fuel Tank at Gaza Power Plant Raw: Massive Explosions From Airstrikes in Gaza Giant Ketchup Bottle Water Tower Up for Sale Easier Nuclear Construction Promises Fall Short Kerry: Humanitarian Cease-fire Efforts Continue
Facebook
Hyperlocal Search
Premier Guide
Find a business

Walking Fingers
Maps, Menus, Store hours, Coupons, and more...
Premier Guide
Seasonal Content
Video