Robert Granvil Edwards
SULPHUR WELL – Mr. Robert Granvil Edwards, of Sulphur Well, son of the late Carlie and Elvyen Matney Edwards was born June 4, 1926, in Adair County, and departed this life on Thursday, Oct. 24, 2013, at Summit Manor Nursing Home in Columbia, at the age of 87.
He had made a profession of faith in Christ and attended Pleasant Ridge United Methodist Church. He was a U.S. Army veteran and retired farmer. He was united in marriage on Aug. 16, 1946, to his wife of 67 years, Lorene Beard Edwards, who survives.
He is also survived by three sons and one daughter, Timmie (wife Bonnie) Edwards, Carl (wife Lee Ann) Edwards, Terry (wife Jennifer) Edwards and Patricia (husband Barry) Froedge, all of Edmonton; two brothers and one sister, Jim Edwards, of Edmonton, Robert Earl Edwards, of Louisville, and Evon Stolzes, of California; six grandchildren: Timothy, Amanda, Tabatha, Brittany, Candie and Courtney; 10 great-grandchildren: Trevor, Kassidy, Mason, Melanie, Miranda, Chase, Easton, Hannah, Austin and Lydia. Several nieces, nephews and a host of other relatives and friends also survive.
He was preceded in death by four brothers and three sisters, Weldon, Arlis, Jake and Larry Edwards, Dorothy Curry, Gracie Bishop and Sybil Bush, and one granddaughter, Laura White.
Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday at Butler Funeral Home in Edmonton with burial in Edwards Home Place Cemetery. Visitation will be from 3 until 8 p.m. Saturday and after 9 a.m. Sunday at the funeral home.
Doris Ann Lynn Shockley
FOUNTAIN RUN – Doris Ann Lynn Shockley, 53, of Fountain Run, died Friday Oct. 25, 2013, in Tompkinsville.
She is survived by her husband, Ricky Shockley, of Fountain Run; her father, James Lynn, of Tompkinsville; and her mother, Bonnie McCormick, of Lebanon, Tenn.
Funeral service will be 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 27, at Fountain Run Funeral Home, with burial in Akersville Cemetery. Visitation will be Saturday from 2 until 8 p.m. and Sunday after 9 a.m. until service time at the funeral home.
Robert Granvil Edwards
- Local News
- 8:09 MORNING UPDATE: 911 Activity
- Dick Doty maintains slight fundraising advantage
- Micheal Hale spent less than Democratic foes, online records indicate winner spent $2,700 on judge-executive primary
- Park City changes endorsed, Amendments address regulations for modular buildings, duplexes; must be approved by city commission
- Cornelius Faulkner looks to positive future for district
- Kentucky Registry of Election Finance corrects Johnny Bell contribution
- A CHANGE AT THE TOP, Title-winning director Corey Bonds announces departure from Scottie Band
- Cave City vote today to determine whether packaged liquor sale will be allowed
- Police and Fire Reports
- Glasgow Independent Schools announces revisions to meal policy
- More Local News Headlines