The Far Off Broadway Players is bringing the comedy, “Moon Over Buffalo,” back by popular demand this weekend.
The play was the first production Far Off Broadway Players did when the acting group was reconstituted in August 2006.
“It was so well-received people asked us if we would bring it back,” said Charley Goodman, who plays the role of George Hay, an actor who aspires to try one last time to make it to Hollywood. “We thought enough time had passed that it would be appropriate to do that.”
Goodman starred in the production in 2006, playing the same role.
“Unfortunately, I’m 6-½ years older than I was back then and things that seemed rather simple back then aren’t such right now,” Goodman said, who is the only returning actor. “I don’t think if we bring it back 6-½ years from now that I will be doing this character again.”
The play is being directed by Dane Bowles, who thought it was hilarious when he read the script.
“I think people will be pleased to see it back,” he said.
For the full story, see the print or e-edition of Thursday's Glasgow Daily Times.
- Local News
- Green thumbs for greenhouses
- Mentz Hotel will be BRIM-less for now
- END-OF-LIFE PLANNING: What happens when the time comes to go?
- Bounty of the Barrens will open on courthouse lawn on April 26
- Special Easter services planned
- Search for new Monroe County Schools superintendent has begun
- 2:05 p.m. AFTERNOON UPDATE: Tennessee man dead following wreck on I-65 in Hart County
- T.J. Samson Community Hospital announces job, salary cuts
- U.S. Sen. Rand Paul visits Edmonton
- IDEA board agrees to a plan for $90K YMCA project
- More Local News Headlines