The Far Off Broadway Players is bringing the comedy, “Moon Over Buffalo,” back by popular demand this weekend.
The play was the first production Far Off Broadway Players did when the acting group was reconstituted in August 2006.
“It was so well-received people asked us if we would bring it back,” said Charley Goodman, who plays the role of George Hay, an actor who aspires to try one last time to make it to Hollywood. “We thought enough time had passed that it would be appropriate to do that.”
Goodman starred in the production in 2006, playing the same role.
“Unfortunately, I’m 6-½ years older than I was back then and things that seemed rather simple back then aren’t such right now,” Goodman said, who is the only returning actor. “I don’t think if we bring it back 6-½ years from now that I will be doing this character again.”
The play is being directed by Dane Bowles, who thought it was hilarious when he read the script.
“I think people will be pleased to see it back,” he said.
For the full story, see the print or e-edition of Thursday's Glasgow Daily Times.
- Local News
- Democratic House leaders release budget
- 3:10 AFTERNOON UPDATE: Elizabethtown man arrested in Hart County
- A few glimpses into House budget plan
- 8:10 MORNING UPDATE: 911 Activity
- Sliding into spring
- Technology replaces meter readers
- Mammoth Cave National Park gets new chief
- Bowling event raises $12K for Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Feeding Time
- Officer tickets Glasgow Police Department employee
- More Local News Headlines