The Far Off Broadway Players is bringing the comedy, “Moon Over Buffalo,” back by popular demand this weekend.
The play was the first production Far Off Broadway Players did when the acting group was reconstituted in August 2006.
“It was so well-received people asked us if we would bring it back,” said Charley Goodman, who plays the role of George Hay, an actor who aspires to try one last time to make it to Hollywood. “We thought enough time had passed that it would be appropriate to do that.”
Goodman starred in the production in 2006, playing the same role.
“Unfortunately, I’m 6-½ years older than I was back then and things that seemed rather simple back then aren’t such right now,” Goodman said, who is the only returning actor. “I don’t think if we bring it back 6-½ years from now that I will be doing this character again.”
The play is being directed by Dane Bowles, who thought it was hilarious when he read the script.
“I think people will be pleased to see it back,” he said.
For the full story, see the print or e-edition of Thursday's Glasgow Daily Times.
- Local News
- Lawmakers learn about rent woes
- Personal loss leads to new hope, scholarship fund will help others who need grief counseling
- Therapy offers second chance for Barren County Detention Center inmates
- Intersection of Ky. 90 East and Ky. 163 West in southern Metcalfe County gets lower speed limit
- Cave City man arrested on multiple charges
- Investigation ongoing into Monroe County woman’s death
- Glasgow Fire Department receives Class 2 Insurance Services Organization classification
- Fancy Farm draws candidates, spectators for lively, sometimes heated speeches
- Old, new attendees arrive at Fancy Farm
- Kaitlin Matthews offers different fare
- More Local News Headlines