Greg Martin will host the “Lowdown Blues Night” on Tuesday with special guest Jimmy Hall at the Plaza Theatre as part of the theaters’ Here and Now Live Series.
“I’m looking forward to having Jimmy Hall back up on Jan. 29. Some magical musical moments happened last time and we’re hoping for some of that same magic to manifest itself next Tuesday night,” Martin said.
Martin is best known for playing lead guitar for The Kentucky HeadHunters. He also performs with local rock/blues band Rufus Huff.
Hall was vocalist, as well as harmonica and saxophone player for Wet Willie, which is known for its hit single, “Keep On Smilin’.”
For the full story, see the print or e-edition of Thursday's Glasgow Daily Times.
- Local News
- 8:55 MORNING UPDATE: T.J. Samson names new CEO
- 8:54 MORNING UPDATE: 911 Activity
- GRANT TO AID PATH, SIDEWALK PROJECT, nearly $1 million project will link parks, enhance access to services
- Cave City votes to turn wet, residents favor package sales by 230-132 margin
- Judge: Murder case against Amis may proceed
- Sharon Tabor’s contract extended after rules clarified, commissioners told their own terms dictate length of center director’s contract
- Several file for Monroe and Metcalfe County offices
- $30,000 to boost prospects and improvements to industrial park entrance intended to help lure business to Metcalfe County
- TUESDAY UPDATE: City gets grant for walking-biking trail, sidewalks
- 8:09 MORNING UPDATE: 911 Activity
- More Local News Headlines