GLASGOW — At 8:27 a.m., the Glasgow Fire Department responded to a fire at the Nemak building at 400 American Ave. Lt. Jeff Manning, of the Glasgow Fire Department, said the small flash fire was the result of an air compressor malfunction.
"The sprinklers in the building got rid of most of the fire," Manning said. "We're just working on getting the building ventilated and getting all the carbon monoxide out."
Manning said Nemak management did a great job of getting all the employees outside to safety.
"Everyone made it out safely an no one was hurt," said Patty Bell, Nemak human resources assistant.
Manning said once the fire was contained, the primary concern was safety and the quality of air for the employees. Around 10:30 a.m. the Glasgow Fire Department gave the employees the okay to return to work.
"This was very minor compared to what it could have been," Manning said. "We're glad no one was hurt."