Things have come together rather quickly for the local band, Plain Jane.
The band formed in May 2012 to perform for the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life event, which led to a gig at the Hard Rock Cafe´ in Nashville two months later and then to the recording of a four-track demo CD, which they handed out to Walmart customers in Glasgow.
Now, the band has filmed its first video to coincide with the single, “Tree,” from its self-titled EP.
“We had been talking about doing a music video and we had pitched around some ideas,” said Cody Wooten, guitarist. “We got in touch with Yellowberri Music Cooperative, which has done incredible videos for other bands, and decided to go with it.”
The video was filmed in two locations. Segments featuring the band were shot in Bowling Green, while the rest, which features several of the band’s fans, was filmed at Weldon Park in Glasgow on a cold day earlier this month.
So far, the response to the video has been great, Wooten said.
“I talked to Yellowberri. … It’s been the fastest video in regards to views that they have, of course all of our fans have been incredible. They have been sharing it like crazy,” he said.
For the full story see the print or e-edition of Friday's Glasgow Daily Times.
- Local News
- 10:00 MORNING UPDATE: 911 Activity
- Taking a different kind of break
- Time of use will be factor in future EPB power bills
- Departing BCSO deputy clerk raises questions about uncollected fees
- Howard: Raises will depend on SEEK funds
- Two men each arrested on multiple counts
- E.P. Terry Estates residents make gardens grow
- Metcalfe County road work is coming
- Revenue bill already raising eyebrows
- Democratic House leaders release budget
- More Local News Headlines