In addition to quite a few smaller projects, the Glasgow Water Company has three major projects in the works for this year that are expected to total several million dollars in cost.
Wastewater treatment plant upgrades
More than a half dozen separate component projects are part of an overall upgrade to the wastewater treatment plant that will allow the company to better store and treat extraneous storm water that gets into the system.
“We are not officially expanding the treatment capacity of the plant; it’s rated for 4 million gallons a day,” Scott Young, GWC manager said. “However, we are improving the hydraulic capacity to make it more efficient.”
This modernization and improved efficiency should, in turn, lower operating costs.
For the full story, see the print or e-edition of Friday's Glasgow Daily Times.
- Local News
- 1:00 AFTERNOON UPDATE: BCSO arrests four in connection with meth labs
- 8:40 MORNING UPDATE: Cave City City Council meets tonight
- 8:40 MORNING UPDATE: 911 Activity
- Dog walking weather
- Look for higher cable rates
- National chains announce some stores will close
- Officers train for real-life with simulation program
- Metcalfe County grand jury returns indictments
- Glasgow Police Department makes felony arrests
- Couple reopens downtown eatery after hiatus
- More Local News Headlines