With a slight name change, Crossroads Life Center hopes to impress upon its seven-county community the center’s focus on life in all aspects, not just crisis pregnancy.
Eight years after opening its doors as Crossroads Pregnancy Center, Crossroads changed its official name to a life center. When called a pregnancy center, Crossroads Executive Director Bridget Kehrt-Groce said many community members did not realize that Crossroads’ programs encompassed a broad range of topics beyond crisis pregnancy.
“So many people think we just help girls until the baby is born, and that is not the case at all,” Kehrt-Groce said.
The name change to Crossroads Life Center is a better representation of what Crossroads is all about, according to Kehrt-Groce.
“Life kind of explains the core value of what we do,” Kehrt-Groce said. “...What we are really needs to say it.”
For the full story, see the print or e-edition of Friday's Glasgow Daily Times.
- Local News
- 8:55 MORNING UPDATE: T.J. Samson names new CEO
- 8:54 MORNING UPDATE: 911 Activity
- GRANT TO AID PATH, SIDEWALK PROJECT, nearly $1 million project will link parks, enhance access to services
- Cave City votes to turn wet, residents favor package sales by 230-132 margin
- Judge: Murder case against Amis may proceed
- Sharon Tabor’s contract extended after rules clarified, commissioners told their own terms dictate length of center director’s contract
- Several file for Monroe and Metcalfe County offices
- $30,000 to boost prospects and improvements to industrial park entrance intended to help lure business to Metcalfe County
- TUESDAY UPDATE: City gets grant for walking-biking trail, sidewalks
- 8:09 MORNING UPDATE: 911 Activity
- More Local News Headlines