With a slight name change, Crossroads Life Center hopes to impress upon its seven-county community the center’s focus on life in all aspects, not just crisis pregnancy.
Eight years after opening its doors as Crossroads Pregnancy Center, Crossroads changed its official name to a life center. When called a pregnancy center, Crossroads Executive Director Bridget Kehrt-Groce said many community members did not realize that Crossroads’ programs encompassed a broad range of topics beyond crisis pregnancy.
“So many people think we just help girls until the baby is born, and that is not the case at all,” Kehrt-Groce said.
The name change to Crossroads Life Center is a better representation of what Crossroads is all about, according to Kehrt-Groce.
“Life kind of explains the core value of what we do,” Kehrt-Groce said. “...What we are really needs to say it.”
For the full story, see the print or e-edition of Friday's Glasgow Daily Times.
- Local News
- Getting in the swing of spring
- Glasgow mayor proposes pay increases for city employees
- Attorney: Chesher intends to appeal conviction
- Bonds asks Glasgow school board for help
- Final development plan for new hotel approved by planning-zoning commission
- LAW ENFORCEMENT: Several arrested on drug, gun, arson charges
- Enrollment up in Glasgow school district
- Cave City approves pay raises for positions of mayor and council members
- Glasgow seeks sustainability designation
- Perkins family donates fallen soldier’s memorabilia to South Central Kentucky Cultural Center
- More Local News Headlines