With a slight name change, Crossroads Life Center hopes to impress upon its seven-county community the center’s focus on life in all aspects, not just crisis pregnancy.
Eight years after opening its doors as Crossroads Pregnancy Center, Crossroads changed its official name to a life center. When called a pregnancy center, Crossroads Executive Director Bridget Kehrt-Groce said many community members did not realize that Crossroads’ programs encompassed a broad range of topics beyond crisis pregnancy.
“So many people think we just help girls until the baby is born, and that is not the case at all,” Kehrt-Groce said.
The name change to Crossroads Life Center is a better representation of what Crossroads is all about, according to Kehrt-Groce.
“Life kind of explains the core value of what we do,” Kehrt-Groce said. “...What we are really needs to say it.”
For the full story, see the print or e-edition of Friday's Glasgow Daily Times.
- Local News
- 8:52 A.M. TUESDAY OBITUARY UPDATE: Jimmy Law, SCOTTSVILLE
- City has ice-coated weekend
- Judge rules in hospital board’s favor
- Cave City city council amends alcohol ordinance
- Star Spangled Christmas
- Sewing Snowmen
- Plaintiffs against hospital board will appeal decision
- Cave City Convention Center to put up new sign – but where?
- SOAR: Leaders say they’re committed
- Creating a development fund from coal severance explored
- More Local News Headlines