Glasgow Independent School District central office employees will soon be packing their belongings and moving to Happy Valley Learning Center, and a local business will move into the office, if the Kentucky Department of Education approves.
School board members announced during a special-called meeting Tuesday that the Barren County branch of Kentucky Farm Bureau offered a bid on the building, and the board accepted it.
The school district has been discussing the idea of selling its central office building since before the new Glasgow High School was built, Director of Pupil Personnel Randy Wilkinson said. School board chairman Elaine Richardson added that there were a lot of aspects to consider.
“It’s been an ongoing discussion for quite some time,” Richardson said.
The main reasons the Glasgow school district decided to sell the central office building were the ongoing maintenance costs and property insurance being paid for the central office and the fact that the school district already owns Happy Valley Learning Center and is under-utilizing that large building, Richardson said. Moving central office employees to Happy Valley “will be in the best interest of providing services to our kids,” Richardson said, and Howard agreed.
“We’re basically consolidating services and as a result, I think it will greatly assist us in reducing future costs,” Howard said. “It will also allow us to more fully utilize an existing building that we own, and it gives us a lot of flexibility for future growth or setting up new programs in the future.”
For the full story, see the print or e-edition of Wednesday's Glasgow Daily Times.
- Local News
- Dog walking weather
- Look for higher cable rates
- National chains announce some stores will close
- Officers train for real-life with simulation program
- Metcalfe County grand jury returns indictments
- Glasgow Police Department makes felony arrests
- Couple reopens downtown eatery after hiatus
- USFAW contradict state DOW on selenium study
- 1:15 AFTERNOON UPDATE: Hart County suspect brought back from Texas
- Wilkerson awarded Purple Heart
- More Local News Headlines