Glasgow Daily Times, Glasgow, KY

Breaking News

Local News

January 16, 2014

11:33 MORNING UPDATE: GFD responds to Federal Mogul alarm

GLASGOW — Glasgow firefighters responded around 9:30 a.m. Wednesday to 20 Aberdeen Drive for a report of a fire alarm at Federal Mogul, according to a news release from the Glasgow Fire Department.

While en route, firefighters were advised by dispatch that smoke was coming from one of their ovens. When firefighters arrived, they found that some brake parts inside an oven had overheated and had been taken to a parking lot behind the building. All personnel had also exited the building, according to the release. 

Firefighters extinguished the brake parts and made sure there was no fire in the facility. Firefighters did find a small amount of smoke inside the building, the release said. 

Firefighters were on the scene for about 30 minutes. No injuries were reported and no damage estimate was available.  

 

 

1
Text Only
Local News
AP Video
Ariz. Inmate Dies 2 Hours After Execution Began Crash Kills Teen Pilot Seeking World Record LeBron James Sends Apology Treat to Neighbors Raw: Funeral for Man Who Died in NYPD Custody Migrants Back in Honduras After US Deports Israeli American Reservist Torn Over Return Raw: ISS Cargo Ship Launches in Kazakhstan Six Indicted in StubHub Hacking Scheme Former NTSB Official: FAA Ban 'prudent' EPA Gets Hip With Kardashian Tweet Bodies of MH17 Victims Arrive in the Netherlands Biden Decries Voting Restrictions in NAACP Talk Broncos Owner Steps Down Due to Alzheimer's US, UN Push Shuttle Diplomacy in Mideast Trump: DC Hotel Will Be Among World's Best Plane Crashes in Taiwan, Dozens Feared Dead Republicans Hold a Hearing on IRS Lost Emails Raw: Mourners Gather As MH17 Bodies Transported Robot Parking Valet Creates Stress-free Travel Raw: Fight Breaks Out in Ukraine Parliament
Facebook
Hyperlocal Search
Premier Guide
Find a business

Walking Fingers
Maps, Menus, Store hours, Coupons, and more...
Premier Guide
Seasonal Content
Video