Barren County High School and Metcalfe County High School cheer teams will advance to the Kentucky High School Athletic Association’s Competitive Cheer State Championship at Western Kentucky University’s E.A. Diddle Arena Saturday.
Barren County High School placed first in the Coed 2A division at the regional competition on Jan. 12 at Bowling Green High School.
Teresa Bewley, BCHS head cheer coach, said their team of 28, 22 girls and six boys, worked “extremely hard” and really kicked their routine up a notch this year. She said they added more tumbling and coed partner moves.
“The judges were very complimentary,” Bewley said. “We received high marks on our level of difficulty and execution.”
For the full story, see the print or e-edition of Friday's Glasgow Daily Times.
- Local News
- 11:35 MORNING UPDATE: SOAR summit met with wait-and-see attitude
- 6:07 EVENING UPDATE: Judge rules in favor of T.J. Samson Hospital board
- 9:57 MORNING UPDATE: Clinton Co. jail escapee surrenders
- 8:53 A.M. MONDAY OBITUARY UPDATE: Tabatha Rae Wheat Tooley, TOMPKINSVILLE
- 8:45 A.M. MONDAY OBITUARY UPDATE: Thelma Doris England, GLASGOW
- 8:25 MORNING UPDATE: 911 Activity
- 5:03 AFTERNOON UPDATE: FRECC nears end of power restoration effort
- Photos of ice in Southern Kentucky Icicles found Saturday morning following rain and cold temperatures on Friday.
- On A Roll
- Rogers: SOAR summit not the end
- More Local News Headlines