Barren County High School and Metcalfe County High School cheer teams will advance to the Kentucky High School Athletic Association’s Competitive Cheer State Championship at Western Kentucky University’s E.A. Diddle Arena Saturday.
Barren County High School placed first in the Coed 2A division at the regional competition on Jan. 12 at Bowling Green High School.
Teresa Bewley, BCHS head cheer coach, said their team of 28, 22 girls and six boys, worked “extremely hard” and really kicked their routine up a notch this year. She said they added more tumbling and coed partner moves.
“The judges were very complimentary,” Bewley said. “We received high marks on our level of difficulty and execution.”
For the full story, see the print or e-edition of Friday's Glasgow Daily Times.
- Local News
- Lawmakers learn about rent woes
- Personal loss leads to new hope, scholarship fund will help others who need grief counseling
- Therapy offers second chance for Barren County Detention Center inmates
- Intersection of Ky. 90 East and Ky. 163 West in southern Metcalfe County gets lower speed limit
- Cave City man arrested on multiple charges
- Investigation ongoing into Monroe County woman’s death
- Glasgow Fire Department receives Class 2 Insurance Services Organization classification
- Fancy Farm draws candidates, spectators for lively, sometimes heated speeches
- Old, new attendees arrive at Fancy Farm
- Kaitlin Matthews offers different fare
- More Local News Headlines