Barren County High School and Metcalfe County High School cheer teams will advance to the Kentucky High School Athletic Association’s Competitive Cheer State Championship at Western Kentucky University’s E.A. Diddle Arena Saturday.
Barren County High School placed first in the Coed 2A division at the regional competition on Jan. 12 at Bowling Green High School.
Teresa Bewley, BCHS head cheer coach, said their team of 28, 22 girls and six boys, worked “extremely hard” and really kicked their routine up a notch this year. She said they added more tumbling and coed partner moves.
“The judges were very complimentary,” Bewley said. “We received high marks on our level of difficulty and execution.”
For the full story, see the print or e-edition of Friday's Glasgow Daily Times.
- Local News
- 8:54 MORNING UPDATE: 911 Activity
- 8:55 MORNING UPDATE: T.J. Samson names new CEO
- GRANT TO AID PATH, SIDEWALK PROJECT, nearly $1 million project will link parks, enhance access to services
- Cave City votes to turn wet, residents favor package sales by 230-132 margin
- Judge: Murder case against Amis may proceed
- Sharon Tabor’s contract extended after rules clarified, commissioners told their own terms dictate length of center director’s contract
- Several file for Monroe and Metcalfe County offices
- $30,000 to boost prospects and improvements to industrial park entrance intended to help lure business to Metcalfe County
- TUESDAY UPDATE: City gets grant for walking-biking trail, sidewalks
- 8:09 MORNING UPDATE: 911 Activity
- More Local News Headlines