Barren County High School and Metcalfe County High School cheer teams will advance to the Kentucky High School Athletic Association’s Competitive Cheer State Championship at Western Kentucky University’s E.A. Diddle Arena Saturday.
Barren County High School placed first in the Coed 2A division at the regional competition on Jan. 12 at Bowling Green High School.
Teresa Bewley, BCHS head cheer coach, said their team of 28, 22 girls and six boys, worked “extremely hard” and really kicked their routine up a notch this year. She said they added more tumbling and coed partner moves.
“The judges were very complimentary,” Bewley said. “We received high marks on our level of difficulty and execution.”
For the full story, see the print or e-edition of Friday's Glasgow Daily Times.
- Local News
- Springing to life
- WKU-Glasgow, SiTEL partnership could help students, employees
- Belles make sure prom is a ball
- Garden gala will showcase area artisans
- Happy Valley Road wreck results in injuries
- GFD called to Cleveland Avenue woods fire
- DTF arrests two on drug charges
- 10:45 MORNING UPDATE: 911 report
- Green thumbs for greenhouses
- Mentz Hotel will be BRIM-less for now
- More Local News Headlines