Glasgow Daily Times, Glasgow, KY

Local News

January 15, 2013

Electrical fire causes limited damage in Temple Hill

GLASGOW — No one was injured and there was a relatively small amount of damage at a home where the Temple Hill Volunteer Fire Department responded to an electrical fire at 1:10 a.m. Tuesday, said Tony Richey, chief of the department.

The resident, Ashley Judd, who is renting the property, reported that a breaker had kept kicking off in the hours before signs of a fire were visible, Richey said, adding that likely meant it had been smoldering for awhile.

“They were very fortunate, because you usually don’t have that kind of smoldering fire very long without an open flame,” he said. “Being observant meant a lot in this case.”

The fire started in the area between the downstairs ceiling and the attic, Richey said. When the firefighters were called to 12971 Tompkinsville Road, some water had already been put on the fire, containing the flames to the attic, he said, so firefighters used hardly any water. He estimated the damage at less than $1,000.

“It definitely was a shorted wire. It was obvious where the fire had started, the wires had melted in two,” the chief said.

Because it was electrical in nature, residents were advised not to return inside the home until an electrician could examine the wiring.

1
Text Only
Local News
AP Video
Facebook
Hyperlocal Search
Premier Guide
Find a business

Walking Fingers
Maps, Menus, Store hours, Coupons, and more...
Premier Guide
Seasonal Content
Video