Glasgow Daily Times
A man was transported to T.J. Samson Community Hospital after emergency workers responded Tuesday to fire and medical calls at a mobile home at 504 Old Salem Church Road at 6:23 p.m., according to a 911 activity report and other sources.
Frankie Pace, chief of East Barren Volunteer Fire Department, said food was left cooking on a stove, but the fire was limited to the area around the stove and the stove vents. A person in the home having chest pains had been taken to a neighbor's home, and the neighbor went and put out the fire, Pace said.
“They had pretty much put it out when we got there,” he said, adding that firefighters stayed on the scene about 30 minutes to remove the stove, double-check the vents and blow smoke out of the home.
“It got pretty hot,” Pace said, describing how the coffee maker near the stove had melted.
Mike Swift, director of Barren-Metcalfe Emergency Medical Service, confirmed that a patient was transported to the hospital, but said he could not provide further details because of health privacy laws. It was unclear whether the fire or the medical issue came first, Pace said.