Glasgow Daily Times, Glasgow, KY

December 13, 2013

10:32 MORNING UPDATE: GFD issues report about fire

Staff report
Glasgow Daily Times

GLASGOW —

The Glasgow Fire department responded at 6:14 p.m. to 309 Park Avenue to a report of a fire in the apartment.

When firefighters arrived they found that there had been a fire in the kitchen, but it was out.

Firefighters set up a positive pressure fan to remove the smoke from the apartment. The apartment was rented by Amber Wilson.

The fire was caused when Amber placed a pan with cooking oil on the stove and turned the stove on, she then forgot that it was on and it ignited damaging the stove and the cabinet’s overhead as well as a set of blinds located across the room.

Wilson's son noticed the fire and alerted her, then her sister removed the pan to the outside, then a neighbor come into the apartment and seeing that the stove sill had some fire on it and could not turn the stove off removed the stove out the rear door.

All occupants had escaped the apartment upon the arrival of firefighters. One person was seen by the Barren -Metcalfe Emergency Medical Service for possible smoke inhalation, but was not transported.

There were no other injuries reported and firefighters were on the scene just over 45 minutes.

The fire department was assisted by Barren-Metcalfe Emergency Medical Service, as well as the Glasgow Police Department at the scene.