Glasgow Daily Times, Glasgow, KY

Local News

December 13, 2013

10:32 MORNING UPDATE: GFD issues report about fire

GLASGOW —

The Glasgow Fire department responded at 6:14 p.m. to 309 Park Avenue to a report of a fire in the apartment.

When firefighters arrived they found that there had been a fire in the kitchen, but it was out.

Firefighters set up a positive pressure fan to remove the smoke from the apartment. The apartment was rented by Amber Wilson.

The fire was caused when Amber placed a pan with cooking oil on the stove and turned the stove on, she then forgot that it was on and it ignited damaging the stove and the cabinet’s overhead as well as a set of blinds located across the room.

Wilson's son noticed the fire and alerted her, then her sister removed the pan to the outside, then a neighbor come into the apartment and seeing that the stove sill had some fire on it and could not turn the stove off removed the stove out the rear door.

All occupants had escaped the apartment upon the arrival of firefighters. One person was seen by the Barren -Metcalfe Emergency Medical Service for possible smoke inhalation, but was not transported.

There were no other injuries reported and firefighters were on the scene just over 45 minutes.

The fire department was assisted by Barren-Metcalfe Emergency Medical Service, as well as the Glasgow Police Department at the scene.  

1
Text Only
Local News
AP Video
Couple Channel Grief Into Soldiers' Retreat WWI Aviation Still Alive at Aerodrome in NY Raw: Rescuers at Taiwan Explosion Scene Raw: Woman Who Faced Death Over Faith in N.H. Clinton Before 9-11: Could Have Killed Bin Laden Netanyahu Vows to Destroy Hamas Tunnels Obama Slams Republicans Over Lawsuit House Leaders Trade Blame for Inaction Malaysian PM: Stop Fighting in Ukraine Cantor Warns of Instability, Terror in Farewell Ravens' Ray Rice: 'I Made a Huge Mistake' Florida Panther Rebound Upsets Ranchers Small Plane Crash in San Diego Parking Lot Busy Franco's Not Afraid of Overexposure Fighting Blocks Access to Ukraine Crash Site Dangerous Bacteria Kills One in Florida Workers Dig for Survivors After India Landslide Texas Scientists Study Ebola Virus Smartphone Powered Paper Plane Debuts at Airshow Southern Accent Reduction Class Cancelled in TN
Facebook
Hyperlocal Search
Premier Guide
Find a business

Walking Fingers
Maps, Menus, Store hours, Coupons, and more...
Premier Guide
Seasonal Content
Video