Tompkinsville city commissioners are pleased with the audit of the city’s 2011-12 financial records.
“I was pleased with it,” said Commissioner Sherry Crawford.
“It looked pretty straightforward to me,” said Commissioner Jeff Harrison.
Commissioners reviewed the audit report with Drew Thompson of Gilbert and Gilbert, a certified public accounting firm in Glasgow, Thursday night.
“You all got an unqualified opinion again this year, which is a clean opinion and the best opinion the city can receive,” Thompson said.
Only two findings were noted in the report.
“We did have the same two findings as we did the prior year,” said Thompson. “The first one, KRS [Kentucky Revised Statute] says as a governmental entity you are required to pay your invoices within 30 days of receipt. We did notice that this has gotten better, but it required by statute for us to look at that.”
For the full story, see the print or e-edition of Saturday's Glasgow Daily Times.
- Local News
- Springing to life
- WKU-Glasgow, SiTEL partnership could help students, employees
- Belles make sure prom is a ball
- Garden gala will showcase area artisans
- Happy Valley Road wreck results in injuries
- GFD called to Cleveland Avenue woods fire
- DTF arrests two on drug charges
- 10:45 MORNING UPDATE: 911 report
- Green thumbs for greenhouses
- Mentz Hotel will be BRIM-less for now
- More Local News Headlines