Tompkinsville city commissioners are pleased with the audit of the city’s 2011-12 financial records.
“I was pleased with it,” said Commissioner Sherry Crawford.
“It looked pretty straightforward to me,” said Commissioner Jeff Harrison.
Commissioners reviewed the audit report with Drew Thompson of Gilbert and Gilbert, a certified public accounting firm in Glasgow, Thursday night.
“You all got an unqualified opinion again this year, which is a clean opinion and the best opinion the city can receive,” Thompson said.
Only two findings were noted in the report.
“We did have the same two findings as we did the prior year,” said Thompson. “The first one, KRS [Kentucky Revised Statute] says as a governmental entity you are required to pay your invoices within 30 days of receipt. We did notice that this has gotten better, but it required by statute for us to look at that.”
For the full story, see the print or e-edition of Saturday's Glasgow Daily Times.
- Local News
- She’s wired that way
- Conway keeps fighting for Big Sandy plant
- Reward offered in theft of sheep
- Let it not snow
- Sunday home tour shows holiday spirit
- Glasgow Community Band presents holiday concert
- 11:30 MORNING UPDATE: Edmonton woman beats NJ traffic ticket
- 8:45 MORNING UPDATE: Russell Springs man dies in crash
- 8:30 MORNING UPDATE; 911 Activity
- Great Tree Hunters
- More Local News Headlines