Glasgow Daily Times, Glasgow, KY

August 19, 2013

4:18 AFTERNOON UPDATE: GFD responds to call at NCS Healthcare

Staff report
Glasgow Daily Times

GLASGOW —

The Glasgow Fire Department responded to a report of a fire in the break room at NCS Healthcare 835 N. L. Roger Wells Blvd. At 1:16 p.m.

On arrival, firefighters found that there had been a fire in a trash can but had been removed to the outside of the building and extinguished by using a portable fire extinguisher; the fire was started when a cigarette butt that was thought to be out was placed in a bag and discarded in the trash can, according to a GFD press release. Damage was limited to the trash bag and contents. Employees with NCS were credited with quickly finding and removing the trash can bag and contents, according to the GFD statement.

Firefighters were on the scene around 10 minutes. No injuries were reported.