Glasgow Daily Times, Glasgow, KY

Local News

August 19, 2013

4:18 AFTERNOON UPDATE: GFD responds to call at NCS Healthcare

GLASGOW —

The Glasgow Fire Department responded to a report of a fire in the break room at NCS Healthcare 835 N. L. Roger Wells Blvd. At 1:16 p.m.

On arrival, firefighters found that there had been a fire in a trash can but had been removed to the outside of the building and extinguished by using a portable fire extinguisher; the fire was started when a cigarette butt that was thought to be out was placed in a bag and discarded in the trash can, according to a GFD press release. Damage was limited to the trash bag and contents. Employees with NCS were credited with quickly finding and removing the trash can bag and contents, according to the GFD statement.

Firefighters were on the scene around 10 minutes. No injuries were reported.

1
Text Only
Local News
AP Video
Captain of Sunken SKorean Ferry Arrested Raw: Fire Destroys 3 N.J. Beachfront Homes Raw: Pope Presides Over Good Friday Mass Raw: Space X Launches to Space Station Superheroes Descend on Capitol Mall Man Charged in Kansas City Highway Shootings Obama Awards Navy Football Trophy Anti-semitic Leaflets Posted in Eastern Ukraine Raw: Magnitude-7.2 Earthquake Shakes Mexico City Ceremony at MIT Remembers One of Boston's Finest Raw: Students Hurt in Colo. School Bus Crash Raw: Church Tries for Record With Chalk Jesus Raw: Faithful Celebrate Good Friday Worldwide Deadly Avalanche Sweeps Slopes of Mount Everest Police Arrest Suspect in Highway Shootings Drought Concerns May Hurt Lake Tourism Vermont Goat Meat Gives Refugees Taste of Home Calif. Investigators Re-construct Fatal Bus Cras Mayor Rob Ford Launches Re-election Campaign Appellate Court Hears Okla. Gay Marriage Case
Facebook
Hyperlocal Search
Premier Guide
Find a business

Walking Fingers
Maps, Menus, Store hours, Coupons, and more...
Premier Guide
Seasonal Content
Video