Obama can change lives
Barack Obama is going to change our lives by trying to help our economy and the war in Iraq. I hope that he does help the economy because I don’t want to go into another great depression, because if we do then it will be hard on everyone. There would not be enough jobs, hardly any food or anything.
If Obama does keep his promise and pulls the troops from Iraq then we won’t lose more money than we already have and the troops will be united with their families. Families will no longer have to go days, weeks or even sometimes without hearing a word from their loved ones. That is why I think Obama will be a great leader for our country.
Boys & Girls Club member
Obama’s election is historic
On Jan. 20, 2009, the world changed forever. Most people thought Barack Obama would not win the presidential election, but the night of the election the world was in shock. Now that he is president it will be an effect to everyone’s life, well at least in my eyes.
This will change my life because most of the past presidents didn’t do what they said they were going to do. Hopefully, Obama will follow through with his campaign promises and help people. There are people who work and yet can’t provide for their families. Obama becoming president will affect my life quite a bit because I am not rich nor am I poor; however if Obama does what he says he will do then everybody should be satisfied. Obama helping the economy would not only help me, but it will help everyone else.
Some people doen’t like Obama because of his race, but people shouldn’t judge him by the color of his skin but by the content of his character. They should just think about “does God judge people because they are a different color?” In God’s eyes we are united as one, it doesn’t matter if you are black, white, purple or red. Overall, I feel great about who won and lif Obama does what he promised this world will be GREAT!
Obama can change lives
- Letters to the Editor
- YOUR VIEW: Mentz Hotel bed and breakfast proposal a ‘pie in the sky’ dream
- YOUR VIEW: McConnell seems to be confused by Affordable Care Act, Obamacare
- YOUR VIEW: Volunteers needed at Community Soup Kitchen
- YOUR VIEW: McConnell wrong on minimum wage
- YOUR VIEW: T.J. team special part of community
- White a quality choice for sheriff
- Indiana resident encourages Barren Countians to vote for White
- Can’t rely on government officials to explain gas price
- National Day of Prayer a success
- Visit to nursing home inspired poetic expression
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines