Some of you may not know Shannon White. Some of you may just know his name or just his face or may know him through the Haywood Volunteer Fire Department.
I don’t know his title, but I know he works with emergency management and Haz-Mat cleaning up the many meth labs that plague our area.
I don’t know him in those ways at all – I know him because of the quiet but effective friend he had been to my family and me for the last couple of years. My mom got sick and fought a hard battle with cancer. He knew about it and was truly there for us. He did things that needed doing, such as mowing my mother’s yard for over a year without being asked. He gave us one less thing to worry about by giving his time. He is truly a good neighbor.
This is the man I want you to know.
He didn’t really know us when mom’s journey began. There is little I can do for him, but I can make his character known.
This is the kind of person you have the chance to elect as Barren County sheriff. I believe he can and will serve to the best of his ability.
He truly treats strangers like friends, and he loves his job and loves this country.
Join me in voting for a man who will listen to you, talk to you and who will serve you.
- Letters to the Editor
- YOUR VIEW: Think of message sent by alcohol sales
- YOUR VIEW: Mentz Hotel bed and breakfast proposal a ‘pie in the sky’ dream
- YOUR VIEW: McConnell seems to be confused by Affordable Care Act, Obamacare
- YOUR VIEW: Volunteers needed at Community Soup Kitchen
- YOUR VIEW: McConnell wrong on minimum wage
- YOUR VIEW: T.J. team special part of community
- White a quality choice for sheriff
- Indiana resident encourages Barren Countians to vote for White
- Can’t rely on government officials to explain gas price
- National Day of Prayer a success
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines