I now live in Indiana, but consider southern Kentucky as my home area. I am always concerned about issues that affect my friends and families who still live there.
Shannon White is my oldest nephew and is a candidate for Barren County sheriff. I have found Shannon to be very hard-working and dedicated to any task until it is completed. He began working when he was a young teenager and has worked in many different areas, always working hard and doing his best. We have always been very proud of Shannon and especially his work as a volunteer firefighter, and his expertise in eradicating meth from the area. He will give his very best effort as sheriff in Barren County.
The only regret I have is that I can not vote in Barren County. Therefore, I am asking all my friends and family to help elect Shannon White as sheriff of Barren County. You will be proud you did.
Barbara Vernell Gentry Glenn
Tell City, Ind.
- Letters to the Editor
- YOUR VIEW: Mentz Hotel bed and breakfast proposal a ‘pie in the sky’ dream
- YOUR VIEW: McConnell seems to be confused by Affordable Care Act, Obamacare
- YOUR VIEW: Volunteers needed at Community Soup Kitchen
- YOUR VIEW: McConnell wrong on minimum wage
- YOUR VIEW: T.J. team special part of community
- White a quality choice for sheriff
- Indiana resident encourages Barren Countians to vote for White
- Can’t rely on government officials to explain gas price
- National Day of Prayer a success
- Visit to nursing home inspired poetic expression
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines