Glasgow Daily Times, Glasgow, KY

Breaking News

May 13, 2014

11:20 MORNING UPDATE: Hunstman Manor fatal fire was accidental

GLASGOW — A fatal fire in Glasgow in March was accidental, according to a press release Tuesday from the Glasgow Fire Department.

Florence Watson, 70, of Glasgow, was found dead March 22 at her apartment in Huntsman Manor on Jefferson Street when firefighters arrived on scene.

The fire was the result of smoking while oxygen was in use, the release said. The determintion was made following an investigation by the state fire marshall's office.

The cause of death was released by Barren County Coroner Mike Swift after an autopsy was performed by the Kentucky Chief Medical Examiner's office in Louisville.

Watson died as a result of multiple thermal injuries, the release said.

 

1
Text Only
Breaking News
Local News
Facebook
AP Video
Netanyahu Vows to Destroy Hamas Tunnels Obama Slams Republicans Over Lawsuit House Leaders Trade Blame for Inaction Malaysian PM: Stop Fighting in Ukraine Cantor Warns of Instability, Terror in Farewell Ravens' Ray Rice: 'I Made a Huge Mistake' Florida Panther Rebound Upsets Ranchers Small Plane Crash in San Diego Parking Lot Busy Franco's Not Afraid of Overexposure Fighting Blocks Access to Ukraine Crash Site Dangerous Bacteria Kills One in Florida Workers Dig for Survivors After India Landslide Texas Scientists Study Ebola Virus Smartphone Powered Paper Plane Debuts at Airshow Southern Accent Reduction Class Cancelled in TN
Must Read
Hyperlocal Search
Premier Guide
Find a business

Walking Fingers
Maps, Menus, Store hours, Coupons, and more...
Premier Guide
Seasonal Content
Video