GLASGOW — A fatal fire in Glasgow in March was accidental, according to a press release Tuesday from the Glasgow Fire Department.
Florence Watson, 70, of Glasgow, was found dead March 22 at her apartment in Huntsman Manor on Jefferson Street when firefighters arrived on scene.
The fire was the result of smoking while oxygen was in use, the release said. The determintion was made following an investigation by the state fire marshall's office.
The cause of death was released by Barren County Coroner Mike Swift after an autopsy was performed by the Kentucky Chief Medical Examiner's office in Louisville.
Watson died as a result of multiple thermal injuries, the release said.