Glasgow Daily Times
BARREN COUNTY FISCAL COURT
Barren County Government Center
117 North Public Square, Suite 3A
Glasgow, Kentucky 42141
February 18, 2014, at 5:00 p.m.
1) Call to Order.
2) Roll Call by Clerk.
4) Pledge of Allegiance to Flag.
5) Welcome of Guests.
6) Approval of Minutes – January 21, 2014.
A. Public Officials Reports.
1. County Judge/Executive Report.
2. County Attorney Report.
3. County Clerk Report.
4. Sheriff Report.
5. Jailer Report.
6. Coroner Report.
B. Fiscal Court Committees.
1. Administrative Committee – Squire Matthews, Chair.
2. Building and Property Committee – Squire Benningfield, Chair.
3. Economic Development Committee – Squire Steward, Chair.
4. Transportation Committee – Squire Dickerson, Chair.
5. Jail Committee – Squire Houchens, Chair.
6. Solid Waste Committee – Squire Gillon, Chair.
7. Emergency Management Planning Committee – Squire Spillman, Chair.
C. Departmental Reports.
1. Building and Electrical Inspector.
2. Drug Task Force.
3. Emergency Management Agency.
4. Parks and Recreation.
5. Road Department.
6. Solid Waste Coordinator.
9) Old Business.
A. Receive and open bids – purchase of Road Department bush hogs.
10) New Business.
A. Jim Drake, Retired Colonel, Kentucky National Guard – Donation request for
B. Sustainable Glasgow – Bounty of Barren’s Farmers’ Market request for use of
Courthouse lawn for 2014 season.
C. James Nelson, County Ethics Commission – revamping of County Ethics Code.
D. Approve payment of claims as submitted.
E. Approve transfer of funds.
F. Approve budget adjustment.
G. Approve monthly financial statement – January 2014, subject to audit.
H. Approve official settlements – January 2014, subject to audit:
1. County Attorney.
2. County Clerk.
I. Personnel actions.
J. Acknowledge receipt of Library Board report – November 2013, subject to audit.
K. Approve appointment to Glasgow-Barren County Tourist and Convention Commission.