Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear speaks at a ribbon cutting ceremony at the new Glasgow State Nursing Facility on Wednesday, flanked by Rodney Kirtley, executive director of Barren River Area Development District, from left; Park City Mayor David Lyons (hidden); Barren County Judge-Executive Davie Greer; Glasgow Mayor Rhonda Riherd Trautman; state Rep. Johnny Bell, D-Glasgow; Audrey Tayse Haynes, secretary of the Ky. Cabinet for Health and Family Services; Betsy Dunnigan, acting commissioner for the Department for Behavioral Health and Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities; Phillip Bale, medical director at GSNF; state Sen. David Givens, R-Greensburg; Cathy Epperson, executive director of National Alliance on Mental Illness Kentucky; and Amanda Burckhard, facility director at GSNF.
- Local News
- 9:25 MORNING UPDATE: State police investigate alleged murder 9 hours 1 Photo
- 8:03 MORNING UPDATE: 911 Activity 11 hours
- Group, city talk about dog park, will present ideas at next council meeting 20 hours 1 Photo
- Glasgow Police Department receives $18,100 20 hours
- Event reaches out for help, charity takes care of children’s medical expenses 20 hours
- AP Video
- Netanyahu Vows to Destroy Hamas Tunnels Obama Slams Republicans Over Lawsuit House Leaders Trade Blame for Inaction Malaysian PM: Stop Fighting in Ukraine Cantor Warns of Instability, Terror in Farewell Ravens' Ray Rice: 'I Made a Huge Mistake' Florida Panther Rebound Upsets Ranchers Small Plane Crash in San Diego Parking Lot Busy Franco's Not Afraid of Overexposure Fighting Blocks Access to Ukraine Crash Site Dangerous Bacteria Kills One in Florida Workers Dig for Survivors After India Landslide Texas Scientists Study Ebola Virus Smartphone Powered Paper Plane Debuts at Airshow Southern Accent Reduction Class Cancelled in TN
- Must Read
Why a see-through mouse is a big deal for scientists
A group of Caltech researchers announced in Cell Thursday their success in making an entire organism transparent. Unfortunately, this isn't any kind of "Invisible Man" scenario: The organism in question is a mouse, and the mouse in question is quite dead.
July 31, 2014
- VIDEO: Five-year-old doesn't want her brother to grow up
- Police department turns to Facebook for guidance on use of 'negro'
- Why a see-through mouse is a big deal for scientists
- Hyperlocal Search
- Seasonal Content