Glasgow council member Freddie Norris shakes hands with new police chief Guy Turcotte following Turcotte’s swearing in at the Monday city council meeting. Norris was on the four-person selection committee that chose Turcotte out of 29 candidates for the position. Despite concerns about Turcotte that have arisen through community members’ and the media’s research, Norris said that the mayor did a thorough job of researching Turcotte’s background and the committee is confident they made the right choice.
- Local News
- Feeding the sheep 7 hours 1 Photo
- Glasgow's public safety department heads talk about budget needs 7 hours 1 Photo
- Hampton prepares to intern at NASA 7 hours 1 Photo
- Group asks Barren County Fiscal Court to help honor Purple Heart recipients with road signs 7 hours 1 Photo
- CAVE CITY: Broadway will get new lights 7 hours 1 Photo
- AP Video
- Tributes Mark Boston Bombing Anniversary Raw: Kan. Shooting Suspect Faces Judge US Supports Ukraine's Efforts to Calm Tensions Suspect in Kansas Shootings Faces Murder Charges Ukraine: Military Recaptures Eastern Airport Raw: Storm Topples RVs Near Miss. Gulf Coast NASA Showcases Lunar Eclipse Pistorius Cries During Final Cross-Examination The Boston Marathon Bombing: One Year Later Michael Phelps Set to Come Out of Retirement First Women Move to Army Platoon Artillery Jobs Sex Offenders Charged in Serial Killings Police: Woman Stored Dead Babies in Garage OC Serial Murder Suspects May Have More Victims Family: 2 Shot in Head at Kan. Jewish Center Raw: Horse Jumping Inspires 'Bunny Hop' After Attack, Officials Kill 5 Bears in Florida Popular Science Honors Year's Top Inventions ND Oil Boom Attracting Drug Traffickers
- Must Read
Victimized by the 'marriage penalty'
In a few short months, I'll pass the milestone that every little girl dreams of: the day she swears - before family and God, in sickness and in health, all in the name of love - that she's willing to pay a much higher tax rate.
April 15, 2014
- Allergies are the real midlife crisis
- VIDEO: A year after marathon bombing, Boston remains strong
- Victimized by the 'marriage penalty'
- Hyperlocal Search
- Seasonal Content