John Brock, a 96-year-old World War II Army veteran, sketches a face in his home at Highland Ridge Assisted Living in Glasgow. Brock enlisted in the Army almost a year before Pearl Harbor, and continued to serve through the Army of Occupation in Germany. Drawing is now one of his daily hobbies.
- Local News
- Doctor’s license restricted, employee told investigators Chandra Reddy illegally provided controlled medications 10 hours
- Fireman’s day in court, city and attorneys agree on certain stipulations 10 hours 9 Photos
- Park City Commission members approve mowing position 10 hours
- Global Fest gets nod for $1,000 10 hours 1 Photo
- Part of old Metcalfe County High School to be demolished 10 hours
- AP Video
- Connecticut Boy Dies Inside Parked Car World's Tallest Water Slide: See It for Yourself Fans Dying to Be Near Jazz Greats Robots Gearing Up for Their Own 'World Cup' APNewsBreak: Different Attackers in Benghazi? Four Kids, Two Adults Shot Dead Near Houston Argentina to Face Germany in World Cup Final Service Held for 200 Whose Bodies Went Unclaimed Kim Kardashian Hits Up Valentino Show in Paris "Hotwives" Spoofs Reality TV Israeli Offensive Escalates in Gaza Attack Dozens Gain Citizenship As Debate Continues Dodgers Found Partly Responsible in Fan Beating Children of Deported Parents Speak Out GOP: Immigration a 'human Rights Issue' Raw: 10-year Sentence for Ex-New Orleans Mayor Raw: Fans Gather for Argentina-Netherlands Match Froome Crashes Out on Bumpy 5th Tour Stage Obama Talks Economy, Slams Republicans Police: Prostitute Accused in Overdose Death
- Must Read
New York to offer free lunch to all middle-school students
New York's $75 billion spending plan for the fiscal year that began last week includes the first step toward offering free lunch for all 1.1 million students, expanding a program now reserved only for the city's poorest children.
July 9, 2014
- Are America's biggest alcohol brands targeting the country's underage youth?
- Survey shows colleges flouting sexual assault rules
- New York to offer free lunch to all middle-school students
- Hyperlocal Search
- Seasonal Content