Hannah Goodson, an upcoming eighth grader at Glasgow Middle School, shows off some of the jewelry she has made. The necklace in her left hand won first place in the national Beta competition's handmade jewelry category. Goodson has won first place at the national competition all three years she has been in Beta. Amanda Loviza Vickery / Glasgow Daily Times
- Local News
- Taking a different kind of break 5 hours 2 Photos
- Time of use will be factor in future EPB power bills 5 hours 1 Photo
- Departing BCSO deputy clerk raises questions about uncollected fees 6 hours 2 Photos
- Howard: Raises will depend on SEEK funds 6 hours 3 Photos
- Two men each arrested on multiple counts 6 hours
- AP Video
- San Francisco Firefighters Stop Big Blaze Spread Republican Jolly Wins FLA. Congressional Race Denver's Flobots Bring Music Back to Schools Technology Is Culture at South by Southwest Feta Fight: US, Europe Battle Over Cheese Names Obama Shops at Gap, Pitches Minimum Wage Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Computers Malaysia Flight Changed Course Before Vanishing CIA Director Denies Senate Hacking Allegations Feinstein: CIA Spied on Senate Committee Prosecutors: DC Mayor Knew of 'shadow Campaign' Raw: 'Octomom' Pleads Not Guilty Again Raw: Police Seek Man Who Set Car, Self Ablaze Ukraine's Crimea Seeks to Become Independent Carney: Feinstein, CIA in Regular Talks With WH Friend Gives Details of Pistorius' Gun Use Raw: Bank Robbery Chase Shuts Down Md. Highway Japan Slowly Rebuilding 3 Years After Disaster Health Care Law Gets Test in Florida Election Raw: Former Christie Aide Arrives at NJ Court
- Must Read
If you were a crustacean, would you feel pain?
A scientist and a seafood chef walk into a bar. "We have a mutual interest," says the scientist. "I study crustaceans and you cook them." But the chef wanted to know just one thing: Do the animals feel pain?
March 11, 2014
- How virus sleuths and public health officials track the cause of a mysterious illness
- First Apple, now Google hit with kids' app lawsuit
- If you were a crustacean, would you feel pain?
- Hyperlocal Search
- Seasonal Content