Glasgow Daily Times, Glasgow, KY


November 15, 2010

Issues arise with area livestock purchaser

Federal agency investiages claims of bad checks from Eastern Livestock Company



Steps to take if affected

The Kentucky Cattlemen’s Association has information on who to call if you have an unpaid check from Eastern:

Eastern Livestock Company Info:

135 West Market Street

New Albany, IN 47150


fax: 812-949-9060

If you have sold cattle directly to Eastern:

Call your lawyer and file a bond claim with USDA’s Packers & Stockyards Administration by either calling or filing a written complaint.

Go online to submit a written claim or for contact info at:

Stockyards will need to call the Livestock Board of Trade and LMA’s legal team – VanHooser & Eftink, P.C.

704 W. Foxwood Drive

PO Box 1280

Raymore, MO 64083


Text Only