- Trigg talks tilapia
- First Barren County Ag Festival a success The first Alltech Barren County Ag Festival: Farm to Fork was a success Saturday, June 22, at Barren County High School. All photos by Amanda Loviza Vickery / Glasgow Daily Times
- Bounty of the Barrens sets up at ag festival The Bounty of the Barrens farmers market provided fresh and healthy shopping options for visitors to the Barren County Ag Festival Saturday, June 22, at Barren County High School. All photos by Amanda Loviza Vickery / Glasgow Daily Times
- Shirley family grows together on farm
- Bounty of the Barrens grand opening The Bounty of the Barrens Farmers Market held the grand opening for its summer season on the square Saturday. The morning started with Tour de Farm, a bicycle ride from Western Kentucky University-Glasgow. State Representative Johnny Bell and Kentucky Commissioner of Agriculture James Comer gave speeches. To wrap up the events, Stellar House hosted a farm to table tasting featuring dishes prepared with ingredients bought from Bounty of the Barrens vendors.
- Local at its best: Bounty of the Barrens opens
ONLINE STORY: First Earth Expo a success
The Barren County Cooperative Extension Service's first-ever Earth Expo drew an enthusiastic crowd Saturday morning.
- Ag festival looking for participants
New agriculture programs have potential to help veterans
The Kentucky commissioner of agriculture hopes that two newly launched programs will help Kentucky veterans and farmers. While local veteran farmers support the concept, they see some obstacles that will have to be overcome.
Rising feed cost seen driving milk production down
U.S. milk production is headed for the biggest contraction in 12 years as a drought-fueled surge in feed costs drives more cows to slaughter.
- More Agriculture Headlines